White-Ellery House Tour at CAM Green
Saturday, September 24
CAM Green, 13 Poplar Street, Gloucester, MA
Free admission, registration required
The White-Ellery House, built in 1710 for the Reverend John White, Gloucester’s first settled minister in First Parish, was situated in Gloucester’s Town Green, the center of the community at that time. The house exhibits a certain elegance and refinement while providing for basic needs of its early owners. The tour will share who lived in the house over time, its exterior structure and interior features, and the adventure of being moved to make way for the Route 128 rotary.