CAM Community Programs
Through public art, live music, film, and partnerships, the Cape Ann Museum aims to engage the community in everything we do. With the addition of the Cape Ann Museum Green campus at the gateway to Gloucester, opportunities for community engagement have expanded significantly.
Enjoy free admission during for First Fridays: Art After Hours or Second Saturdays for Cape Ann residents. Attend one of the free summer concerts offered in July and August in the Cape Ann Museum Courtyard or check CAM’s calendar for engaging community events offered throughout the year.
Upcoming Community Programs include:
- First Fridays: Art After Hours: Enjoy free admission to the Cape Ann Museum every First Friday from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Each month, CAM will partner with a practicing, contemporary artist to interpret the Museum’s collections.
- CAM Community Art Project: An annual community art project and exhibition showcasing art work made by eighth graders from Cape Ann’s three public middle schools inspired by an artist in the Museum’s collections.
- Courtyard Concerts: Free summer concerts in the Cape Ann Museum Courtyard highlighting local and regional musicians.
- Public Art Installations at CAM Green: Enjoy art outside with summer art installations by regional artists at the Cape Ann Museum Green. Inspired by the historic houses, permanent collections, and the natural beauty of Cape Ann.
- Gloucester’s So Salty: Celebrate the fish city’s salty character in this annual event at the end of January presented by the Cape Ann Museum in partnership with local businesses and organizations. Inspired by the long-running Salem’s So Sweet event, stroll through downtown Gloucester to see ice sculptures, taste salty treats, and shop at local businesses.