2021 Dotty Brown Annual Fund
Donate online at capeannmuseum.org/donate.
A perennial supporter of the Cape Ann Museum's Annual Fund, Dotty made significant contributions to the Cape Ann Museum's Annual Fund because she understood that admission fees and museum memberships do not fully cover the costs of operations for the Cape Ann Museum.
Your tax-deductible gift is meaningful and makes a significant difference for the Museum, giving us the ability to offer varied and relevant programs and to advance education and engagement through exhibitions specifically curated to reflect the physical and cultural communities we serve.
A few of the many initiatives that are made possible through Museum's Annual Fund are listed below. Please consider deepening your commitment to the Museum by making a gift in support of these efforts:
- $50 pays for art supplies used in CAM Kids art-making kits that ten families can take home following their visit to the Museum.
- $125 provides the funding for one month of free Cassie the Sea Serpent Scavenger Hunts.
- $300 pays for an outdoor plein air workshop at the CAM Green Campus.
- $500 buys a high-resolution scanner dedicated to digitizing 35mm film & slides. This equipment will make the work of a CAM Photo Archivist exponentially more efficient.
- $1,000 covers the expense of a free summer concert held in the Cape Ann Museum Courtyard featuring local and regional musicians.
- $3,000 covers the cost of having a crate made to transport a single painting to Gloucester.
- $5,000 pays for a one-semester Internship or Fellowship giving CAM the ability to focus on subjects of the underutilized areas of our holdings. From the expansive collections of authors Vincent Ferrini, Peter Anastas, and Virginia Lee Burton Demetrios to the exhaustive coverage of the Quarry Industry through the Barbara Erkkila Collection, to the unknown photo documentation in our numerous unprocessed photograph collections, there are many targeted stories still to be told by trained professionals.
- $10,000 provides funding for conservation work on items from CAM's Collection, aiding in both their long-term preservation and the ability to showcase them in Museum exhibitions.
Every contribution, no matter the size, helps to cover utility expenses, hire exceptional staff, install and update galleries, mount special exhibitions as well as offer inspiring and rewarding experiences for the local community throughout the year. Please help to fund the Museum's future by making a generous gift to the Cape Ann Museum's 2021 Dotty Brown Annual Fund today.