Plan Your Visit
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
As our guest of the Cape Ann Museum, we will do our very best to provide a safe, enjoyable experience; our institution is committed to comply with the protocol set by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Participants are encouraged to wear a mask or face-covering
- Please respect and maintain a distance of six feet or more between unrelated groups.
- If you or anyone in your group feels unwell or has symptoms of COVID-19, please visit the Museum another day.
To find a vaccination location near you, please visit www.vaccinefinder.org.
The Museum is centrally located in downtown Gloucester, MA, 40 miles north of Boston. Getting here is easy—by car, train or boat. Find directions and parking info here, or visit www.gloucesterma.com.
Where to eat
The Museum does not have a café on site, but there are many good choices for a quick bite nearby. To plan ahead, find dining options at www.gloucesterma.com.
You may be surprised by how much there is to see and explore! If you’d like to visit all 4 floors at a relaxed pace, we suggest setting aside at least one to two hours. If you need to take a break and grab a bite to eat from one of Gloucester’s many great local restaurants or cafes, you are welcome to come back and finish your visit later in the day.
Your experience is important to us, and we’d like to let you know what to expect during your visit. Find information about amenities, accessibility, and Museum policies here.
For Families and Children
CAM a great place for families! Kids are welcome to visit the CAM Studio for hands-on play during regular Museum hours. Sketch pads and pencils are available at Visitor Services for use in the galleries. Lunch time? The Museum courtyard and Sculpture Park make ideal picnic spots.
- We strive to make family visits affordable. That's why admission is always free for visitors 18 and younger. Discounted and/or free admission passes are available at may local libraries. Families receiving EBT are admitted free of charge.
- Plan ahead: CAM is free for Cape Ann Residents (cities of Gloucester, Rockport, Manchester-By-The-Sea, and Essex) on the Second Saturday of every month. Visit the galleries or register for a free family art workshop (10am-3pm). Find a full schedule of events here.
Whether you're planning a field trip to CAM or looking for classroom resources, we want to hear from you! Contact the Education Department at (978) 283-0455 x125 or email email@example.com here.
→ Find information specifically for educators here.
The Museum is committed to striving for accessibility for all visitors. For general access information call (978)283-0455 x110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
→ Detailed information on accessibility can be found here.